Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad!

First of all I would like to state how thankful I am to our parents for bringing us up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord! I have found that verse in Proverbs to be so true.

"My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: for they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck."
Daniel, at his graduation was remarking on this same verse. Their instruction and "law" truly is a graceful ornament on our heads. My parents have that way of making things seem "all better" I know that for me, since my early years, when I would get overwhelmed or "bogged down" by some seeming weighty matter, spilling my heart to my parents and receiving their wisdom and advice was one of the sweetest things! I have learned so much from them, it is such a blessing to be able to talk to them anytime about anything! Well, this has to be cut short, as my dad is calling me to bed. I wish I could write up something grand and wonderful for you, Mom and Dad, but my writing skills are in no way equal to those of the well written Miss Rachel, so I shall close by saying, I love you Mom and Dad and I so appreciate all you do, and all you have taught us!
Love,
Morgan

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Wilson! I remember when my parents celebrated their 25th. I definitely agree, it is such a blessing to have Christian parents who love and care for us! That was a sweet post Morgan. I hope your parents read it.
Joanna

Oldest of many said...

Happy anniversary!! Good post Morgan. I can't say that I remember mom's and dad's 25th anniversary, but maybe that's just because they've only been married 17 years;)
Thanks for sharing!!
MDW

Butler Family Member said...

Happy 25th Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Wilson! Hope ya'll have a great New Years! ~Kelsey

Sarah said...

Hello guys! It was nice seeing ya'll Saturday and Sunday!
-Sarah

Butler Family Member said...

Y'all won our photo card contest! You can leave a comment on our blog with the songs you want us to add to the poll. -Kendal

Butler Family Member said...

Hey, Katie! It's perfectly fine with me if you each pick a song. I suppose you, Morgan and Maddie could do it so it wouldn't be to many. Unless of course another family member wanted to do it to. But you all can do whatever you want. :) Have a great week! ~Kelsey