Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Sunday Report (By Katie)

Hello Everybody! I'm a "first time poster" to so tell me how I do.

Now, we had church at the Heffingtons home today. We got up a little earlier since today was Sunday, and went outside to do our chores. It was after I milked when I found out the tractor was not working. (The battery was dead) I needed it to take hay bails back to the cows but the tractor decided it didn't want to charge either. So Morgan, Maddie and I had to push the hay bails back to the cow's pen. (At least Morgan was helping, Maddie was standing upfront pretending to direct "traffic" and making us laugh so that we barely had any strength!) Than, we got ready for church just in time. Dad and I were in charge of the music today so we almost left Maddie who was still getting ready! Mom and the little ones stayed home today. We arrived at the Heffingtons on the early side so we could set-up. Before the service, Mrs. Lynne played a song (which I believe it was called, Joseph's Lullaby's) while Daniel sang. It was a pretty song and Mrs. Lynne and Daniel both did a good job! We were practicing, some when everybody else started to arrive. Than Daniel , Alaina, Justin and I played our guitars. Here are the songs we played: Shout to the north, To God be the glory, O worship the King (I picked that one out, I don't know if anyone noticed but I was so nervous! I got shaky during the middle! See, I just learned how to pick it out the night before.) So any way... Then, Here I am to worship, Joy to the world, What child is this, Hark! The herald angels sing, and finally He knows my name.

Then, Mr. Strother shared and My dad shared. Than, we chatted some after the service and people started eating. (we didn't stay for lunch) So after saying a few more goodbye's, we left.

We came home to a wonderful meal my mother made! And, that's pretty much it!

Bye!

Katie

9 comments:

Butler Family Member said...

Nice post, Katie. I really like Here I am to worship, I play it on my guitar all the time! Anna and I like to play it together and then we switch off who picks and who strums between verses. Hope ya'll have a great day! ~Kelsey

Oldest of many said...

Nice one Katie. See, I knew you had it in you to be able to post! I love to play hand drums to "Here I am to Worship". Daniel and I did it one night, and it sounded awesome!! I'll have to bring the drum next week.
SYS (see you soon:)

The Gentleman From Virginia said...

You did a good job with the post, first-time poster. I wasn't watching your fingers during the song, but it didn't sound shaky ;)

Anonymous said...

Katie, You did a "awesome" job! I think that I liked, "O worship the king" and "Here I am to worship" The best!:)
MDW

♥Katie said...

I just thought of something...
would'nt it be cool if our "band" all had matching shirts?!
(Matthew, Daniel, Alaina, Justin and I.) We would have to make up a name for ourselves.

(Just a thought!;)

Butler Family Member said...

I liked your post! I like playing "Here I Am to Worship" on the viola- it sounds like if we all got together we could have four instruments playing that song together!(two guitars, hand drums, and a viola) I'd love to see more posts by you! -Kendal

♥Katie said...

That would be really fun Kendal!!
Thanks everybody who has left a comment so far!

Meredith Ivy said...

I'm glad you and Maddie have begun posting too! I like reading all of your entries. :)

Abigail said...

I tagged you Katie! And Morgan!