Hard to believe, I know, but until I was down at the Taylors', I'd never had real homemade fried chicken. I'd had *oven* fried chicken, but not the real deal. Looks *amazing*! :)
Graham, Nah, we just got it from Hardee's;) (just kidding:) It was really good! I think it was even more tender than usual because we let it sit in the fridge for a few days before we fried it up. We have found that if you try to cook/fry/grill,etc. the chicken on the actual day you process it, it's tough. The longer it's in the fridge, the more tender it is. We fried it in coconut oil. But lard is really good too:)
5 comments:
YUM! That looks so good! :D
Yeah, it was!! =D
Hard to believe, I know, but until I was down at the Taylors', I'd never had real homemade fried chicken. I'd had *oven* fried chicken, but not the real deal. Looks *amazing*! :)
Looks tasty. I am assuming it is chicken ya'll grew? We've never fried our's before, but it looks good.
Graham
Graham,
Nah, we just got it from Hardee's;) (just kidding:) It was really good! I think it was even more tender than usual because we let it sit in the fridge for a few days before we fried it up. We have found that if you try to cook/fry/grill,etc. the chicken on the actual day you process it, it's tough. The longer it's in the fridge, the more tender it is. We fried it in coconut oil. But lard is really good too:)
Post a Comment