I'm back! Mom, Gabe and I have been at "Our Father's Farm" "babysitting/helping" the Fuhrmann children run the farm while their parents were out of town for a long weekend. We had a great time visiting with them. At the beginning, Mom and I decided we would split up the responsibilities, i.e Mom would be in charge of meals and household and I would be in charge of the children and helping with farm chores. It mostly worked out that way and I spent my days roving the farm with the children and feeling like I child again myself. (Not that I'm so old and matronly at the ripe old age of 20;) But the past few months have been rather stressful and it did me a world of good. The countryside in Gretna, Virginia is so lovely and picturesque! I fall in love with it each time I visit. I was so bummed that I forgot the camera and so am picture-less... The mornings were so cool and fresh. Each morning I tromped outside with the children to milk their 18 cows. They only milk once a day and so it was kind of nice to get a break in the evenings instead of heading out to milk again. The girls took me out on the pond in their boat that has a slow leak and we had lovely girl chats:) We took long bike-rides up and down the rolling countryside, visited their neighbors and patted their monstrous Belgian horse. Took the cows back out to pasture through the woods and rolling fields. Was given a tour of "Collin's Wallow" and was told the complete story with every express detail;) Helped to successfully launch the premier of the "Dishwasher's Talk-show" over a sink of dirty dishes:) Cuddled with the adorable baby Peace out on the porch swing. Over-indulged the cute-as-a-button 3 year old by hand-feeding him his dinner, telling him stories and reading to him for too long when I was supposed to be putting him down for his nap. (How could I resist his winsome pleads for me to stay?:) Braided lots of little girl hair. Tried to retain my composure at the incorrigible 12 year old boy's roguish behavior. (but failed at times and couldn't contain the twinkle in my eye and the smile that wouldn't be straightened behind a reproving frown:) And put to action the long planned "Dishwasher's Talk-Show" with the 15 year old son. Needless to say I had a wonderful time and was refreshed and encouraged, I am always blessed by time spent with the Fuhrmann family and I always seem to take away some new truth that the Lord has showed me while staying at their house. My little brother Gabe wore himself out spending his days with the youngest Fuhrmann children and playing "Monster's" out on their swing set. There was also a very sweet, older couple staying with the Fuhrmanns and they were a tremendous help as well as Mr. Fuhrmann's sweet mother who lives with them.
We were welcomed home Sunday afternoon by the rest of the family. And I held up milking filling my sisters in on all of the happenings while I was away. I hadn't realized how much I has missed everyone! Home sweet Home!
There is a busy week ahead with processing, buying clubs and such. Its good to be back!
I hope you all have a good rest of your week! Also, thank you all for your nice comments on the last post:)
Morgan
We were welcomed home Sunday afternoon by the rest of the family. And I held up milking filling my sisters in on all of the happenings while I was away. I hadn't realized how much I has missed everyone! Home sweet Home!
There is a busy week ahead with processing, buying clubs and such. Its good to be back!
I hope you all have a good rest of your week! Also, thank you all for your nice comments on the last post:)
Morgan
4 comments:
Hey,
sounds like y'all had a lot of fun. I can almost imagine that I was right there as well. I'm glad it was a refreshing trip. I could say the same thing.
So glad you had such a relaxing week! You needed it, love. :) It was great seeing you today! <3 Rach
It was great seeing you too Rachel! I enjoyed the singing and catching up!
Collin,
Josh and Hope also told me about the hunt for your shoe afterwards:)
I can only imagine the tellin' you received about that story. haha
Post a Comment