Yet another week has rolled by in which I failed to post! Hey, it's not like I've been idle the whole time!:) I suppose I another week in review is called for.....
Last Friday we were able to "knock out" a great deal of the front of the big barn with the help of the Wright boys. Then on Saturday we had the pleasure of attending a friend's birthday party. We played a number of different fun outside games including Volleyball, (which many of us found we had grown quite rusty on over the winter!) Speed Volleyball, Swedish Kickball, Ultimate Frisbee and a Treasure Hunt! I haven't run like that in a long time!:) We had a great time! On Sunday, we met at the Heffingtons. On Monday, Mom and I worked on Buying Club orders and our email and website stopped working! Yikes! So Dad had to spend a great deal of time figuring out what was wrong. On Tuesday we had a new little heifer born to one of our cows, Marlee. The calf is still nameless, any suggestions would be welcome:) On Wednesday we did our monthly Buying Clubs and in the evening Dad, Mom and I went to the first of three FRESH showings that we're sponsoring through our local Buy Fresh Buy Local chapter. It went well, I think we had about 30 some folks in attendance. At the end of the program I was asked by a well meaning person where was I going to go to collage. I explained to him that I was going to continue my education at home after which he tried to convince me of my need to go to an institution to broaden my horizons. Quite a lively discussion followed that:) On Thursday it rained a great deal of the day so we were able to relax a little more inside. After morning chores, Katie, Maddie and I gathered in our room and did scrapbooking, knitting or just read for most of the morning, fun!:) That afternoon however we got down to business. I sat down to answer a bunch of emails that were delayed in coming because our server was down. They seemed to be full of questions.... "Morgan, when can I start my cowshare?" Morgan, when can we come out to the farm?" "I'm ready to start a cowshare group in my area, what else do I need to do?" etc, etc, etc. I playfully moaned out loud for the benefit of those in the next room. "Everyone is asking me questions and expecting me to answer them!!!!":) I do enjoy answering emails and phone calls. It's almost been a year now since my parents let me take over the "office manager" duties. I enjoy it very much and I'm grateful for the great learning opportunities it provides, some interesting, some challenging and some painful. Well I think that's about it as far as catching up goes....
During milking this evening, Katie and I were laughing about different funny or embarrassing "Farmers Bloopers" that had happened to us. Most of them involved customers coming up to the shop catching us unawares as we were being boisterous or in other words "horsing around" about some thing or another. One time we were out milking and Dad had just discovered that we could download movie soundtracks off of the Internet onto our little mp3 player. We just happened to be listening to "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story 2. Really loudly. Of course everyone else was in the other room when the customer walked in. So there I was listening to blaring music alone in the room! We have had many such occurrences, what can you do but chuckle and move on, while hopefully learning a lesson on not being so "wild" in the first place!:)
Well, it's late and I must be off to bed now. Hopefully another week won't go by 'til I write again.
Bye for now,
Morgan
4 comments:
See you tonight? Right? I Hope? :) :) :) :) -Rachie
p.s. ye sound busy lassie! I dinnae ken when was the last time ane o' ye posted! Were it that lang ane time agee?
Hey! I remember one time when I was at your house, we were supposed to be milking or something and Maddie and I were singing and dancing around(i think) when a customer came in!!! See ya!
-Sarah
Aye me lassie, if I hadnae been kenning that they had posted, I might of been going crrazy! Nice to hear from you Morgan!!! I think I've been in on a couple of those moments! Also, Katie, I don't know if you got my comment or email, but I sent you an idea for the tag. Could you let me know if you got it??
Gooday!!
Matthew
Hello. That's funny what you said about the "Farmers Bloopers". Several times in the past we have had neighbors(all our neighbors are Mennonites) come by during milking while we have Third day or some other rock or country band playing. We always wonder if they report that type of stuff back to their church shun us.
Oliver
Post a Comment