Thursday, November 26, 2009

Full Quiver Farm Featured on the 700 Club

Hello Everybody and Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all are having a great day! Today our farm was featured on the 700 club. The segment was about pasture raised turkeys and the health benefits of eating a naturally raised bird vs. a factory raised one. Here is a link to the program in case anyone wants to see it.


http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/Archive/Club/700Club112609_WS

We come in about nine minutes into it. The reporter did a nice job on it, although my mom's name was wrong, "Anita" instead of Alison. But Mom doesn't mind, she is referring to "Anita" as our "live in nanny" :) She even answered the phone several times this morning as "Anita". :) And they said our turkeys took eleven months to grow out... But the reporter did a good job on it nonetheless:) Also, a big Thank You to the Walker family who brought us some Thanksgiving "fixins" since we were sick and confined to the house today. Everything was delicious guys!
Happy Thanksgiving!
-Morgan

8 comments:

Oliver said...

Hello! that was a really nice interview(except for the errors)
I'm sorry that some of y'all are ill. Hope y'all get well soon. Happy Thanksgiving!


Oliver.

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. We didn't know, but are glad someone else did and that you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner despite the illness.

Also, nice interview, Anita. hee hee

Abigail said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes, Morgan and Katie!! Also, I'm loving the new blog background! :)

Oldest of many said...

Hey, what can you say? Only two errors in a big tv interview:) I am sorry about your guys sickness:( We here are fighting a bout of the same stuff. We won't be there sunday(I don't know who will:) but I hope to see you sooner than later.
Matthew

♥Katie said...

Hey Matthew,
Guess what?! Just found out we're not goin' either!=(
Do hope to see you guys sooner than later!
Katie
P.s
It's only Dad, William and my self left that has not gotten sick!=O
(What did I tell ya?!;)

The Reynolds said...

We enjoyed the interview. Can you imagine how big those turkey's would be if you did raise them 11 months! We are where you were a few years ago. We just left our commercial dairy with the plan, Lord willing, of raising turkeys, chicken,(and eggs) beef, pork, and lamb on pasture and organically! Hope we have the same success as you!

Sorry you were not feeling well for Thanksgiving, and glad for your friends who came to help!
Blessings,
The Reynolds

Oldest of many said...

Like de background! Though, I like the green and white mints better than those red and white ones=) Hope you guys start feelin' better soon(I skipped out on this bout of sickness=p) See you guys soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matthew, You were lucky! I was sick for 4 days! But i'm doing better now.:)