
Hello all! It's been awhile since I last posted. I took a technology hiatus for a couple of months which I found to be most edifying. It allowed me to step back and reevaluate how I was spending my time, pin down time wasters and spend more time with the Lord in a more unhindered and less distracted way. I wouldn't trade that time for the world either. This past summer has been one of growth for our family on the whole and on the individual level as well. There seemed to be an unusual number of deaths; our dear uncle Bruce went to be with the Lord as well as a sweet lady from our church, both to cancer. Several others, a pastor, a missionary's wife, all of these instances proved to be a sobering reminder that man is as grass, here one day and gone the next. And in the midst of it all we passed the one year anniversary mark of my dear father's heart attack. We are so grateful that the Lord spared him to us! But I was reminded of the fleetingness of life. I found myself a bundle of fear, clinging desperately to my family lest they too should be taken away. Sometimes when I was alone, I would cry miserably to myself, knowing that nothing I could do would keep my family together always. In the midst of my inner turmoil the Lord was gently working to unclasp my clutching fingers from frail humanity and clasp them firmly in His own strong everlasting hands, the nail-scarred ones that were pierced in love for me. During that time the Lord drew me to Himself and taught me to trust Him on a whole new intimate level. Our church family is currently going through a study on the book, "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. And as a testament to God's faithfulness and the strength He gives His children; the study is being led by the man who lost his wife just two short months ago. It is amazing to see the joy in his face and in his tone as he is discussing and expounding on the wonders of heaven. He once remarked when the group was pondering a particular question regarding the subject, "I wish I could ask Becky about that, but I'll just have to wait" And to see my recently bereaved Aunt go on patiently, trusting the Lord to provide, not giving way to despair at the prospect of being a single mother with two young sons to raise alone. Yet not alone. Christ knows our frame, and He knows our pain. "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;... let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:15-16.
Truly the Lord is with us through the valley of the shadow.
-Morgan
2 comments:
Amen!
Thanks for the feedback Abigail! Hope to see you soon!:)
Post a Comment