Friday, July 30, 2010
Greetings!
Greetings! I know it's been almost two months.....:) Sorry about that, the Summer has been sooo busy! I am still so caught up in the busyness and fullness of Summer that I am just now starting to think about looking forward to fall:) It would take a long time to catch up on everything that has happened in the past couple of months but I'll try to give a brief update which I think I'll do in pictures:). We have been busy with farming mostly... And also trying to focus on building the family and not just the farm because family is the whole reason we came out to the farm in the first place! We wanted to all work together as a family toward a common goal. This will be the end of our third year of full time farming since my dad came home from his day job. The Lord has grown us so much as a family since we have all been together all day every day! I think farming is a wonderful way to raise a family! When I was younger I loved it because of the animals and all of the outdoors time, but as I have gotten older I have come to see all of the many benefits this type of lifestyle affords. Farming teaches character, responsibility, and real life challenges. My siblings and I are home schooled and since we moved to the farm we have taken a more lifestyle learning approach, which I love because you are learning skills in the context that you are going to be using them! My parents have sought to instill in us a love of learning as well as the "know how" to find out information so that we can learn anything we need to know at anytime. In this modern world of technology, information is right at your fingertips! But anyways, back to the update... (I always seem to go off on rabbit trails!) Here are some random pictures from this past Summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Lovred the pics. Farm life just can't be beat! Our children wouldn't want to live anywhere else. How long were you farming before your dad could come home full time? We are just starting out in the direct marketing, sustainable farming after milking a commercial herd of cows for the last 20 years! To get to a full time income level seems so distant right now. We enjoy following your family life.
Ooo, LOVE the mountain picture! So peaceful.
Have you ever eaten a crawdad?
Hello. If you haven't posted in two months then who posted Katie's birthday?
Hello Reynolds Family,
We having been farming since 2003, the first year we mainly just practiced though :)
Abigail,
I have never eaten a crawdad :) Have you?
Oliver,
Technically, Maddie was supposed to have posted Katie's birthday post but I helped her. :)
Yes! It's hardly worth the trouble, the tiny bit of meat that you get, but it's good! Tastes rather like shrimp.
Hello. It's fine if Maddie posted Katie's birthday. I was just making sure that Katie didn't post it:)
Oliver
Oh wow! All those pictures look like the essence of a country summer! :) Bet you all are missing Collin! Your vacation cabin area looks scrumptious! :) See you Sunday! p.s. I *have* eaten a crawdad also, and I loved it! Those nasty little things that skitter into puddles and are just gone! It gives me a nice sense of revenge to cook `em and eat `em! ;) I'm kidding about that! :)
Post a Comment