Where to start! The past few months seemed to fly by at a dizzying speed. Our annual Thanksgiving Turkey pick up day went well. We were worried we might not have enough birds but the Lord provided and we had enough and then some. He always provides. I don't know why we worry:) We are outgrowing our four hour pick up window, we had a line of cars waiting to get in our drive way to park! The Lord has greatly grown our business since we started almost 10 years ago. We were blessed with lots of friends who came to help us that busy week. The mornings started early with morning chores, then after a delicious pancake breakfast by Mr. Jack, we got started with the actual processing around 7-7:30am. We butchered about 150, more of less per day. What awesome friends we have! (You know who you are:)
After the flurry of processing and pick up day we found ourselves swept up in a whirl of fun social activities. I (as well as the rest of my family) found myself with very frazzled nerves after the constant, go-go-go of the November calender:) It was so nice to get to kick back and relax, rest up and go to fun social events:) For Thanksgiving, most of our family was out of town so we got together with church family for a day of fun, fellowship and food:) It was great!
At the beginning of December I went up to help some dear friends of ours who just welcomed their ninth child into the world: little John David Furhmann:) I so enjoyed my stay with them and enjoyed the challenge (in an exhausting kind of way:) of semi-running the household while Mrs. Furhmann was recovering. I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon.
That's all for now,
God Bless!
-Morgan
1 comment:
so glad ur back!
Post a Comment