It's been awhile! We are currently in the midst of planning for the 2011 growing season. Last year was pretty amazing. We purposely did not focus a lot of attention on the farm but put our energies into seeking the Lord and growing in a lot of different areas that He showed us we needed to work on, and yet, the Lord gave us a record year last year! I guess that was just confirmation that we were doing what the Lord wanted us to do. This year we feel like more growth is on the horizon. Maybe big, we don't know what it will look like yet, but our desire is to be willing to do, or go, or change, or give up, anything God asks us to. It's exciting being on the verge of something, yet also a trifle scary. Yet I know that the safest place to be is the center of the Lord's will. No matter what. Today we had a nice family day. We closed the farmstore and went out as a family to Bass Pro, and then out to eat. Then we stopped by a few places as we made our way home. We all enjoyed the family time! We are expecting our first batch of broiler chicks next week, and an explosion of goat kids any day now:) Also several calves. So things should start bursting at the seams here pretty soon. We are definitely ready for spring around here! I will close this with a few recent pictures........
Bye for now!
-Morgan
Periodically we use "Basic H" in the cow and goat waters as a natural de-wormer.

Sammy "about to make the leap" :)

Katie delivering hay to the cows.

The Farmstore.

Will and Sam playing on the hay bales.

Bessie the farm dog.


Moon, one of the milk cows.

Lucky, one of Maddie's new goats.
4 comments:
Very good. It's nice to hear you all got to go on an outing- if it's anything like us, a whole family trip is exceedingly rare. That is an incredible picture of Bess. Since she wants to eat me, I don't get to see her at ease much.... good job to whoever the photographer was.
Nice post, Morgan!!=)
It's good to hear things are going well with your family. I'm excited to see what G-d does in y'alls lives. Everyone here says hi.
Hey Katie!
Thanks so much for showing me how to get to your blog! =)
I think your blog is awesome!
And thanks for following me!!
I love followers! So it made my week to get another follower! =)
I hope you have a blessed week!
A Servant for Christ,
Lizzie
Post a Comment