Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
~
"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,
because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in Him.
The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him,
To the soul that seeketh Him.
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait
for the salvation of the Lord.
~Lamentations 3:21-26
because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in Him.
The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him,
To the soul that seeketh Him.
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait
for the salvation of the Lord.
~Lamentations 3:21-26
This has been an amazing year of growth for our family, as a whole as well as the individual, which has been exciting to see. Now, I didn't say that growth was easy!:) But the refining, the drawing closer to the Lord, the heartaches, the happiness, the struggles, the joys and the tears alike have made this year one that I will remember and look back on with thankfulness to God for the work He is doing in our family. As this year draws to a close I am left with the feeling like unto nearing the end of a journal. A satisfied full feeling of contentment, while flipping through the pages that hold the year's story. I have not nearly finished all of the "goals" I set for myself for this year:) But God has brought about much higher and loftier things for me to accomplish then I ever imagined, some I had thought nearly impossible. But I am now all the more assured of this truth... "With man, it is impossible. But with God, all things are possible" Such joy and thankfulness wells up inside of me as I contemplate on His goodness, His amazing might, His perfect ways, His realness in my life. "Great and Marvelous are all Your works! Lord, God Almighty!"
Well, I hope you all have a blessed week and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! I will close with this hymn....
We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
He chastens and hastens His will to make known;
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing,
Sing praises to His name: He forgets not his own.
Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, wast at our side, All glory be thine!
Well, I hope you all have a blessed week and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! I will close with this hymn....
We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
He chastens and hastens His will to make known;
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing,
Sing praises to His name: He forgets not his own.
Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, wast at our side, All glory be thine!
-Morgan
1 comment:
What a beautiful post, Morgan! It was refreshing to read. I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment